President Donald Trump will order a major investigation into his bogus charges of voter fraud and says the results of the investigation might mean strengthening voter procedures, better known as GOP-led voter suppression efforts.
The nation’s new President is holding on to his belief that anywhere from between three and five million illegal immigrants cast fraudulent ballots for Hillary Clinton.
During an ABC News exclusive interview, Trump doubled down on his belief that rampant voter fraud caused him to lose the popular vote. Despite his efforts to keep repeating the “alternative fact” until America believes him, Trump’s claims have been widely debunked by both Republicans and Democrats.
Calling Trump the “high priest of prevarication,” Dr. Julianne Malveaux, president emeritus of Bennett College for Women, said during Thursday’s edition of NewsOne Now that the nation’s Commander-in-Chief compiled the number of illegal votes from Hillary Clinton’s margin of victory in the popular vote.
She continued, “There is no such thing as three to five million [illegal votes] … There may be less than one-hundredth of one percent of illegal votes … we may be talking about 30,000 votes” that are questionable.
Watch Roland Martin and the NewsOne Now panel discuss Trump’s claim that millions of illegal votes cost him the popular vote in the 2016 election and his push for a voter fraud probe in the video clip above.
In Honor Of President's Day, Here Are Photos That Will Make You Miss Barack Obama
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
Randomonium: President Trump Turns Lie About Illegal Ballots Into Voter Fraud Probe was originally published on newsone.com