The pair welcomed a baby boy on Jan. 3, and the superstar’s rep confirmed the big news, writes the news outlet:
“Janet Jackson and husband Wissam Al Mana are thrilled to welcome their new son Eissa Al Mana into the world,” a rep for the singer, 50, says in a statement.
“Janet had a stress-free healthy delivery and is resting comfortably.”
Jackson married Qatari businessman Al Mana in 2012, and news of their first child’s impending arrival was reported in May. Speculation first began when the singer postponed her Unbreakable World Tour so, as she said in a video posted to Twitter in early April, she and Al Mana could focus on their family.
The singer’s husband, family and friends were very “helpful” during her tough pregnancy, reports E! News.
These Celebs Took A Page Out Of Janet Jackson’s Style Book
1. Rihanna got the memo.Source:Getty 1 of 12
2. Janet gave the masculine pantsuit a feminine touch.Source:Getty 2 of 12
3. Stars like Blac Chyna and Amber Rose showed off a little more skin and a lot more curves.Source:Getty 3 of 12
4. Having piercings other than your ears and belly button was pretty taboo back when Janet revealed her septum ring.Source:Getty 4 of 12
5. These days, having a septum piercing is as common as having your ears pierced.Source:Instagram 5 of 12
6. Janet became synonymous with braids back in the ’90s following the release of her film “Poetic Justice.”Source:Getty 6 of 12
7. Braids have now become the hottest trend for young celebs like Zoe Kravitz—from street style to the red carpet.Source:Getty 7 of 12
8. Ms. Jackson made it sexy to bare your sculpted abs in a midriff top.Source:Getty 8 of 12
9. Ciara was definitely inspired by the crop top look.Source:Getty 9 of 12
10. The Kardashians are often credited with making the trend popular again.Source:Instagram 10 of 12
11. Janet’s ever changing hairstyles made it obvious she was a style icon…especially in the ’90s, with this bantu knot look.Source:Instagram 11 of 12
12. Rihanna made waves on the internet when she rocked the throwback look. The apple doesn’t fall far from the icon tree.Source:Getty 12 of 12