When rumors spread that former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg would run for president, many believed he could be a frontrunner. However, in a statement posted to his website on Monday, the Republican shared that he will not enter the race. “Over the last several months, many Americans have urged me to run for president as an independent, and some who don’t like the current candidates have said it is my patriotic duty to do so,” he wrote. “But when I look at the data, it’s clear to me that if I entered the race, I could not win.” He also expressed his dismay with Donald Trump’s outlandish remarks and views, and said that he’s not ready to endorse any of the candidates. Read more.
Zendaya Nabs “Spider-Man” Role
Actress Zendaya Coleman has nabbed a role in the upcoming Spider-Man film. Coleman will star alongside Tom Holland, who will take on the role of Peter Parker. Actress Marisa Tomei is slated to play Aunt May. Details about Coleman’s involvement are being concealed, but according to sources, it isn’t a lead role. The movie, which is being created by Sony and Marvel, will be directed by Jon Watts and produced by Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal. It will reportedly be centered on Peter Parker’s earlier years. Production for the project will begin this summer, with a release date slated for 2017. Read more.
Petition Calls for Fetty Wap to Perform at Nancy Reagan’s Funeral
Former First Lady Nancy Reagan will forever be remembered for her attempts to combat substance abuse in America. After she passed away on Sunday, an online petition surfaced calling for rapper Fetty Wap to perform his hit song “Trap Queen” at her funeral. “While her husband, Ronald Reagan, was linking up with Papi to flood the streets with narcotics, Nancy was on TV telling kids to ‘Say No To Drugs,’” read the petition. “Her infamous ‘anti-drug’ phrase encouraged strict laws on drug possession that led to a school-to-prison pipeline we’re still dealing with now. Blacks and Latinos went to jail in droves for possessing drugs her husband gave them. It was an incredible sleight of hand that would make any wannabe Trap Queen hide in shame for her inability to be as diabolical as Nancy. So, to commemorate her contribution to the Trap, we’d love to have Fetty Wap perform ‘Trap Queen’ at Nancy’s funeral.” Although a Fetty Wap performance at Reagan’s funeral is highly unlikely, the petition has over 4,000 supporters. Read more.
Golden State Warriors Set NBA Record
As the NBA season moves forward, the Golden State Warriors continue to make history. The team, led by guard Stephen Curry, has set a record for the most consecutive home regular season wins in the NBA. Their win against the Orlando Magic on Monday night was their 45th consecutive regular season triumph. Prior to the game, they were tied with the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls team, who had 44 consecutive home floor victories. “Remarkable by our players over these last two years,” said Warriors head coach Steve Kerr. “The effort and the consistency it takes to do that. Pretty amazing. There are so many games where the ball could bounce either way and we definitely had some of those during the streak. (They) could have lost several times last year and could have lost tonight very easily. We keep putting ourselves in position to win games and dominate our home floor and I’m really proud of our guys for that.” Read more.
More Latinos Are Seeking Citizenship to Vote Against Trump
After presidential candidate Donald Trump made outlandish remarks about them, Latino immigrants have decided to step up and take action. According to reports, more Latinos are seeking citizenship so that they can vote against Trump. Naturalization applications increased 14 percent at the end of January. “I certainly don’t care what party they register with; I just want them to become citizens,” Leon Rodriguez, director of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, said in a statement. In a poll released on Feb. 25 by The Washington Post and Univision, 80 percent of Latino voters had a disapproving view of Mr. Trump. Read more.
VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
Happy Birthday, Barack Obama: Photos That Will Make You Miss Your Favorite President
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 29
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 29
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 29
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 29
5. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 5 of 29
6. Two TermsSource:Getty 6 of 29
7. Michelle and Barack host a State DinnerSource:Getty 7 of 29
8. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 8 of 29
9. Sunday ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 29
10. Barack Obama and his daughter Malia ObamaSource:Getty 10 of 29
11. A Family AffairSource:Getty 11 of 29
12. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 12 of 29
13. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 13 of 29
14. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 14 of 29
15. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 15 of 29
16. Ice Cream TreatSource:Getty 16 of 29
17. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 17 of 29
18. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 18 of 29
19. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 19 of 29
20. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 20 of 29
21. Family SupportSource:Getty 21 of 29
22. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 22 of 29
23. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 23 of 29
24. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 24 of 29
25. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 25 of 29
26. Obama SwaggerSource:Getty 26 of 29
27. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 27 of 29
28. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 28 of 29
29. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 29 of 29
THE DAILY WORD: Michael Bloomberg Will Not Run For President, Zendaya Nabs “Spider-Man” Role…AND MORE was originally published on newsone.com